Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Our Thanksgiving weekend was a busy one but it was a lot of fun. It started off with a Rausch family reunion in Airdrie. This happens only every second year so when we get together it's nice to catch up with everyone that we haven't seen in a long time. As usual there were a lot more babies added to the family and all the other kids were so much bigger than the last time we saw them. The adults played games while the kids did crafts and made carmel apples. Of course we had a great lunch with beef on a bun and plenty of yummy salads. After the fun at the church everyone headed over to the pool to swim. When the swimming was over I headed down to Magrath with the kids and Mike had to stay home for work.
On Sunday morning we went to church in My Mom's ward. Even Rhonda and Birkley came. Of course the topic in Sacrament meeting was on gratitude and boy do we have so much to be grateful for. After chuch we had a turkey feast at Mom and John's. Their little house was crowded with Me and my kids. Rhonda, Denis and Birkley, Dani, Melissa and her kids and John's son Spencer and his wife Crystal and their 2 boys. Also Savannah and Austin joined us later that evening for pie and ice cream. We had a great time visiting with everyone.
On Monday we had kind of had a lazy hang out day at Heather's. Ginny and her kids were there so that was fun. Grandpa took a few of the kids in the morning to help him clean his golf cart. They were so excited when they came home bragging that they got to drive it all by themselves. Then for lunch, turkey dinner leftovers, what could be better. In the afternoon the kids just had fun playing together while it gave us a chance to visit. At about 4:30 Russ, Grandpa, and Jantz took the boys out skeet shooting. I know my boys had been anticipating this all day. Russ was going to let them shoot one of his guns. They got back by about 6:30 tired and hungry. They were so excited to tell me how they got to shoot the gun. Heather had packed each of my boys a little lunch and after saying good-bye to everyone we were on our way home. Our weekend was fun filled and we know how blessed we are to have such a great family on both sides.
One family in Magrath was not so lucky this weekend. Jackie and Elizabeth Lauscher were out running on Thursday night and were hit by a car. Jackie was killed and Biz was left with a badly broken leg. This tragety hits a little close to home because Mike and I used to be very close to Becky and Cody lived with us for awhile. I feel so bad for them that they are having to deal with this on Thanksgiving weekend. Also for Kyle whose best friend just lost his mother. It definitely makes me think of all the things that I am grateful for in my life. I only hope that this family can find a little bit of peace in this terrible time of grief. I pray that Kyle will too seeing as this is the second tragety in his life within this year. I am so blessed and grateful for my family at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment