Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sydnee Shay Utahana








Mike and I arrived at the hospital at 6am on April 28, 2010 as told. We were both feeling very nervous and excited. We were both praying that the surgery would go well and that the baby would be healthy. Soon after arriving I was taken to a room and put on a monitor and given an I.V. Now it was the waiting game, both of us feeling more and more nervous as the time passed. We were soon informed that we had been bumped back due to an emergency so the waiting continued. Finally at about 10am we were introduced to the anesthesiologist and a few of the nurses who would be attending the surgery. Now we both new that any minute I would be taken to the operating room. Sure enough by 10:30 I was taking that long walk to the O.R. feeling my heart start to beat fast and my legs getting shaky. Mike was asked to wait outside while I received my spinal. A few minutes later when I was laying down with my lower body completely numb, Mike came into the room. At this point I was feeling calm and relaxed. Mike was right there to hold my hand the whole time. After a few minutes of feeling a lot of pulling and tugging I heard that joyful sound, her first cry. I immediately started crying myself. Nobody said a word because we had already told them we knew it was a girl. But being both a little doubtful I had to ask. "Is it a girl?". Then the nurse replied very delightfully, "Yes it's a girl". Then the tears really started to flow. Was I hearing it right, Did I really now have a daughter. I was so overjoyed that I couldn't stop smiling amongst the tears. Sydnee Shay Utahana was finally here and she was perfect. She weighed 7lbs 61/2 oz. and was 201/2 inches long. She had light brown fluffy hair and big dark eyes. The next few days in the hospital seemed to whiz by but being able to just hold her in the quiet was so nice. We arrived home on April 30th to a house full of people anxiously waiting to see her. Grandma Kimberley, Dani, Nadean, Denver and Rhonda were there to greet us. Mike and I still look at her in awe, we finally have a girl. We have been so very blessed with our little family and we are so happy.

2 comments:

  1. Just reading this made me tear up. We are so happy for you Tona, she is so perfect and we LOVE your little family. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute tona! love all the pics! we are so happy shes finally here!!

    ReplyDelete